Code Of Ethics
- Offer safe, effective products at reasonable prices.
- Offer quality service and repair at fair prices.
- Provide products for which service and repair are readily available to consumers.
- Honor all guarantees and/or warranties as presented.
- Adhere to all federal and local commerce laws.
- Work with other association members to support independent dealers.
- Cooperate with other association members to improve the industry.
- Maintain the highest standard of ethics in all business practices.
- Adhere to all contractual obligations entered into with other association members.
- Refrain from business practices that infringe on other members’ patents, trademarks or copyrights.
- Refrain from marketing practices that violate exclusive territory agreements entered into with other association members.
Members hereby agree:
- To abide by the standards set forth by the VDTA/SDTA.
- To provide quality products and services at fair prices.
- To back all guarantees and warranties as stated and presented.
- To work with other associate and dealer members to understand and follow good business practices, fair trade and commerce laws and other applicable regulations.
- To resolve differences with other members through negotiation, arbitration or mediation, or other remedies concerning matters of trademark infringement and related areas.
- To work for the betterment of the floor care and/or sewing industries.